Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Calder

Hi,

I am looking for any information on a John Calder born approximately 29 Apr 1787 in Kilbarchen, Scotland. His parents names are Humphrey Calder b 1755 and Isobel Kerr b 1860. On a 2nd marriage certificate it says his wife was Jean Lawson birth unknown, also would like to know the names of his children.

I am trying to tie him into my family line as the father of Humphrey L Calder b 1808 - 1810.

Any help would be appreciated.

Barb

I expect someone will move this to the Research board. Civil registration only started in Scotland in 1855 so all you will have to go on is the parish records of banns, marriages and baptisms. Have you looked on ScotlandsPeople? It's a pay per view site.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

barb ask again on the question and research thread,someone will try to help or like uncle john tell you were help can be found,all the best brenda xxx

Comment

Barb,
        I have moved your thread over to our Research Qs & As forum, where hopefully someone will be able to help.
        Elaine

Comment

It will be worth keeping an eye on this beta site:
          FamilySearch Record Search
          in case they have included some relevant Scottish records.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

if you have access to scotlands people, they have 20 free credits that will help.

Comment

Working...
            X