confused again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused again!!!

HIYA ....can someone more knowledgeable(that doesn`t look right lol) please explain the difference and why please....
    my wifes gg grandfather...
    Frank (not francis) Molyneux b 1888 in Much Woolton (Liverpool) 2 miles from Garston....so ...
    on Freebmd its registered PRESCOTT and then a Ref No
    on Lancashirebmd its Liverpool (much woolton) and a Ref No....freebmd doesn`t have Much Woolton on its list.....is this actually TWO different people ? if not why the 2 different district register offices ?....thanks ...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

I think you'll find it's the same person. The ref on Lancashirebmd is the one to use to order the certificate from them.

I just looked up my son's birth on the IOW BMD and the ref No is different to the one listed on Ancestry.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

The registration district for Much Woolton is definitely Prescott - this would be the district used for ordering certificates from the GRO, giving the details you found from the freeBMD.

To be honest I'm not sure about local Register Offices as I never order from them, but they do use different reference numbers - maybe they don't adhere to the registration districts used by the GRO.

Not a lot of help!
      Elaine

Comment

thank you both...so am I right in now thinking it`s just a seperate "cert order number" from 2 seperate offices, but the same person ??....allan
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

I would suggest it is the same person.
          If you look at the headings on the Lancs BMD site, it says the subdistrict is Much Woolton and the Registers are at Liverpool - not that the birth is registered under the Liverpool registration district.
          Elaine

Comment

I think the local bmd sites use the sub-registration districts, Allan
            Jeanette
            Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

thanks Jeanette....allan

Comment

There are a number of folks here who always go to the local office first, because the GRO only got its info from them in the first place, historically.

The GRO index refs use the Districts, and Quarters, and their own volume/page refs. The local offices use the sub-districts, and have their own refs, becaus the GRO ones would be meaningless to them.

There's a good explanation on this page: UKBMD - Births, Marriages, Deaths Indexes & Census Transcriptions On-line for UK Family History and Genealogy

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

OK so this thread is now 3 months on and I have the marriage of
                  Frank Molyneux to Alice Johnson in 1908 at All Saints church ,Stoneycroft ,Liverpool....Alice was born in Stoneycroft in 1889...Frank was born in 1888 in Woolton ,registered at Prescot....
                  .so would it be possible to look in the 1901 census returns for
                  Frank (not Francis) Molyneux b 1888 in Woolton
                  Alice Johnson b 1889 Stoneycroft,Liverpool....going to have a search myself...any help appreciated....these are my wifes g grandparents and my daughter and grandchildren are saying I am not researching this side of their family enough.....slap on the wrist.....cheers....allan

Comment

This is the family in Much Woolton in 1901.

John Molyneux 45
                    Sarah Molyneux 48
                    John L Molyneux 25
                    Evelyn Molyneux 19
                    Edith Molyneux 18
                    Frank Molyneux 12
                    Samual A Molyneux 10
                    Jessie Molyneux 8
                    Harry Molyneux 5
                    Thomas A Molyneux 3

All born Woolton except Sarah - looks like Gateacre.

Jane

Comment

What was Alice's father's name please?

Jane

Comment

Thanks very much Jane....Woolton and Gateacre adjoin.. and then they were small villages....so Sarah was only about 1 mile away,,,,
                        I was born in 67 Lineside Road ,Gateacre in a Prefab....we left when I was 3 months old.....so I`m NOT a Garstonite....but don`t tell anyone.....sshhhh...lol...allan:D

Comment

Sorry Jane...I was busy with John and Sarah research....it appears that John Molyneux married Sarah Patterson...it has Sarah Patterson b Much Woolton...Gateacre probably came under Much Woolton (the overall area of Woolton)...found Sarah Patterson b 1852 reg Much Woolton....the only one so ..that`s great...2 for John....John Molyneux and John J Molyneux ,both born 1856 Woolton, so the John looks the right one but will have to check...
                          Ok ...Alices fathers name ?...my daughter is in touch with a DIRECT descendant on GR....as I said...I haven`t researched my wifes family (her maiden name was KABLUCKYJ ,Ukranian..) so as you can see it is not easy...her mum was Rhona Molyneux b 1932 Garston...so I can try and help with the Molyneux side of the family.....so ,until I speak to my daughter ,I`m afraid I can`t say who Alice Johnsons father was....sorry.....but she will be delighted with the info you found regarding Franjk and his Parents / Siblings.....thank you so much....allan;)

Comment

Jessie is a girl isn`t it ?...allan

Comment

Usually Jessie is female and Jesse is male. Pronunciation much the same for both.

Christine
                              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                              X