Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help find these people please

Hi

Im really struggling with this family on all aspects.

Dorothy McCalla born c1892 in London:
    found her on the 1901 census
    Class: RG13; Piece: 118; Folio: 117; Page: 17.

I am unable to find any of the children on any birth reg. Think i have found Victor as Harry Victor with 2 birth regs (?) but nothing for the others.

She married Edwin Lyons in 1931 and William George Haines in 1911, but i cannot find either of the suitable spouses. Nor can i find her on the 1911 census. There is a Dorothy Copeland McCalla (MN Thompson) but she married the Victor above so this is just a co-incidence i think. (but they do not appear to be living together in 1911 and the child William was born in Wales)

I cannot find Harry McCalla on anything before the 1891 census and his birth and marriage reg.

This is step dads family so im only doing this out of interest more than anything else, so would rather try not to buy any certs if i can help it

I hope this all makes sense.
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Hi Robyne

I wonder if he was telling porkies about his age!

Births Sep 1860
    McCALLA Henry James Alexander St Geo Han Sq 1a 214

Name: Henry McCalla born c1861 Watford, Hertfordshire
    District - Hackney St John, London
    London Orphan Asylum Clapton

RG10; Piece: 327; Folio: 155; Page: 16

Post edited - please do not copy and paste from sites such as Ancestry as it violates copyright
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 24-06-09, 13:29. Reason: Copyright
    Jeanette
    Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Hi Jeanette

I thought that 1871 was him, but there is actually a birth ref for Harry sylvester S McCalla in 1867
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

I'll go back to that in a minute then Robyne lol

How about this for Dorothy's first mrriage

Marriages Dec 1911
        Haines William G Gateshead 10a 1675
        McCalla Dorothy Gateshead 10a 1675
        RITCHIE Charlotte Gateshead 10a 1675
        Schuts Ernst H Gateshead 10a 1675
        Jeanette

Comment

Sorry....just realised what you were asking for. Doh!
          Jeanette

Comment

yep that is definately them (what i believe anyway) the problem is finding them outside of the marriage registrations. i would have expected them to have been in Durham or thereabouts on the 1911 census but i am unable to find them anywhere. I have found Harry and Caroline and also Victor (who is also in Durham) but not dorothy or william. And i cant find Harry McCalla between being born in 1867 and the 1891 census. (although him and caroline actually married in 1894, but on his army records he gives a date of 1888)

i think im going to have to give in and buy some certs
            Robyne

Comment

I'm sorry Robyne, I haven't been able to find anything. I hate being beaten :( :D
              Jeanette

Comment

thanks very much for looking though
                Robyne

Comment

I don't think this helps much but had you noticed that the Harry Victor McCalla birth registrations are in 3 places? Q/E Sep 1888 and then in Q/E March 1889 he is listed as Harry Victor McCalla and Harry Victor Frost
                  Jackie

Comment

That would make sense, since his parents didn't actually marry till 1894. I wonder if the others are registered the same way.
                    Tracy

Comment

This might be Dorothy in 1911 in Pontefract

Dorothy McCallon b 1892. Also in the household are Margeurite McCallon b 1893 and what looks to be a family called Oddy
                      Jackie

Comment

Thanks so much, didnt see the Frost connection with Victor but found the two Mccalla regs. I will also take a look at the 1911 census as that sounds very likely

thanks all for looking
                        Robyne

Comment

Working...
                        X