Family tree charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family tree charts

I have had a look at the charts included on here for filling in, the most being for 6 generations.

Is there a downloadable one anywhere for 8 generations or would that be too much information to be able to include

Many thanks,

treesa

Tribal pages lets you do 9 generations i think
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

If you are looking for a blank form in which you can enter your data, then I think you will find that the most that would comfortably fit on A4 sized paper is a 5 generation chart.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks very much. I have just been on it and the most I can find is 7 generation, but that is much better than the 5 generation I have found so far!

Comment

Thanks Elaine, I don't mind it being bigger as I realise that it will be bigger to fit comfortably 8 generations on it. I could do my own, but I would rather have a preprinted one where I just put in the names (being lazy!)

Comment

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Thanks very much JBee. I have printed one off to see the size and layout and it looks great.

I shall look forward to filling it in, you have saved me a great deal of time, so thank you!

treesa

Comment

you could print it off, and enlarge it a3 on a copier i think. im not sure about everyone else, but my family has more than one christian name, right back to the 1600's. they were mainly french and german though, but my 5th great grandparents go right off the page when i tried to right them in!!

Comment

Yes, the further back the more names. I was thinking of starting with my great gparents as the first person, so of course I will have 8 sheets, but I don't mind. At least I will be able to record a lot of my names. And of course, there will be a lot of empty spaces for my brick walls and dead ends!!!

Comment

Where do you keep your tree?
                    Why not get some software for your computer - there are some freebie programs you can use which print out these charts for you, complete with names, at a touch of a button or two.
                    Elaine

Comment

I have just been doing it on paper, the old fashioned way, I suppose. I did try and put it on computer, but when researching I like to have it in front of me so I can see it laid out.

Comment

If you have a paid for tree on Tribal Pages - you can print off charts already filled in !!!!!

There are two sorts for up to 9 generations including the fan one.

Also useful is the Adephanel? report which is great for explaining where everyone fits in and you don't have to have a paid sub for that.

Plus of course the Family Group Sheets.

Anything that saves work.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I have only ever seached on tribalpages, I didn't know there was a paid subscription. I shall investigate...

Comment

Working...
                          X