Opening a new file.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening a new file.......

Beleive it or not, in 4 yrs using a laptop, I have never actually opened a new file before.:o

I am burning my photos to disk but as I have almost 1 thousand, it is very laborious. DIL suggested I open a new file to do this, making it easier.

I have figured out how to open a file but, as it appears in the small box which opens showing my pics, I'm not sure how to drag them/transfer them into the file..
    I did a right click to see if there was an option to send them to it but there isn't.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou.
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Just left-click on a photo and hold down the left mouse button and drag photo to the folder and then release.

You can select multiple photos by holding down the Ctrl key as you click on them. Once selected, release the Ctrl key and then left-click on one of the selected photos, holding down the left mouse button as you drag the selected photos to the folder.

If you want to select a whole range of photos, hold down the Shift key as you click on the first and last photo you want (with left mouse button), and it will also select all the photos in between the two photos you click on. You can then drag them to a folder as described above.

You can also select the photos as above and then use the Right mouse button to drag them, in which case you can choose between copying or moving the photos to the folder (by left-clicking on Move Here or Copy Here).
    Last edited by Cloggie; 22-06-09, 11:01.
    Sarah

Comment

Thanks Sarah, I will see if I can manage to do that.
      Jen

Comment

Good luck! I've edited my post above to explain how to select and drag multiple files.
        Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Cloggie View Post
          You can select multiple photos by holding down the Ctrl key as you click on them. Once selected, release the Ctrl key and then left-click on one of the selected photos, holding down the left mouse button as you drag the selected photos to the folder.

If you want to select a whole range of photos, hold down the Shift key as you click on the first and last photo you want (with left mouse button), and it will also select all the photos in between the two photos you click on.
          Ooh - those are brilliant tips Sarah, thank you!

Thanks for posting this Jen!
          Gillian
          User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Glad I could help. Hope I've explained it clearly enough.
            Sarah

Comment

Very clearly Sarah! I've already tried both those new selection methods and they work perfectly. Yaay! The only way I had known how to do multiple selection before was to click in front of the first photo in the filmstrip display and hold down the mouse button while the highlighter moved excruciatingly slowly along the row.

Now all I have to do is remember your methods for the next time I need them lol
              Gillian
              User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Don't know about Vista, but on XP if you go to Start/Help and Support you can type in a question in the box that pops up and it will tell you what to do.
                Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thaks again Sarah will make note of that and you're welcome Gillian, glad its helped you too.
                  Jen

Comment

Wendy just checked out your method and same applies to Vista. Thankyou.
                    Jen

Comment

Working...
                    X