PHOTO's - cannot open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHOTO's - cannot open

I receive a few images from a friend but I am unable to open them. The icon looks like the MS Paint but when I click on it a box comes up.
    THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE A PROGRAM ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOR PERFORMING THE ACTION. I then get the option Create an association and I click OK but nothing happens.

Any idea's please what I am doing wrong?
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Margaret have you tried open with paint to see if that is any good ;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Hi Margaret, If you're still struggling and want to send me a file I don't mind having a look. :D

Comment

Margaret, does your friend have a Mac? They don't use file extensions the way a PC does. Perhaps (and this may sound overly simple) but if you name the file .jpg your PC may then be aware of how to handle the file.

Just a thought.

Comment

Right click on the image and look down the menu it will have an option 'open with' select it and then select a program - whatever program you usually use to look at images select that one as long as its only a image application rather than word i.e. imageviewer etc

Comment

I have that problem.The only way I can view the attachments is to save in my documents.It is a pain,but at least you will be able to see it.
            Fran

Comment

Download "Irfanview". It will open loads of files that may not be associated with programmes on your PC.

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I have just downloaded Irfanview and it hasn't made any difference.Perhaps I am missing something?
                Fran

Comment

Hi John, I have been giving you all a rest from my silly questions while taking a holiday. I am not clever enough to send you a photo to try and open as the option to copy is greyed out.
                  The email I received with twelve attachments (pictures) with the message that I mention is one of thoses that has been sent to many before (which always annoys me) having said that maybe the friend who sent it had the same problem. The first image is great and is power point.
                  I cannot even copy the attachment other than the power point that opens OK.
                  Thank you again for your offer of help I am sure that they are of no importance.
                  Take Care,
                  Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi Margaret, How are you getting on? If you would like to, you can forward the email and I could have a look.

Comment

John, Thank you for your offer of help but I think that I may of cracked the problem. It is me being 'Thick'.
                      What I am receiving is an attachment that has a Power Point Icon of about 30mb which I now think is the supporting programme. The other twelve Icon's have the paint type of logo on them. I did a test run and tried to send them from my Windows email (which I rarely use) to GMail and when I opened my GMail I had twelve images if you get my drift.
                      so you have been a help thank you as I think that explains the problem.
                      Problem solved unless my friend tells me otherwise when he gets back from his holidays.
                      Margaret N

Comment

Hi Margaret, I'm happy to see that you are making some progress. If I can help, please let me know, I will try. :D

Comment

Working...
                        X