No announcement yet.

Are you researching same people as me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you researching same people as me?

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Carrie-Anne. I got to family researching by the fact that my Grandad had never said much about his family, and I always wanted to know more about where he came from etc... As I was extremely close to him.
    I am a member of Ancestry.co.uk, genesreunited.co.uk, findmypast.co.uk.
    These are the Families I am currently researching.
    FERRIE Family From Belfast and Scotland. (Really stuck at the moment, so if anyone can help, I will be so grateful!)
    SQUIRE Family from Devon and Cornwall (Got it back to the 1500s so far)
    BRADFIELD Family from Milton Berkshire (Got it back to 1603)
    STOCKWELLl Family from Hampshire ( Got it back to 1762)
    CHURCH Family from Huntingdon (Got it back to 1800s)
    TURNER Family from Spaldwick Huntingdon (Got it back to 1800s)
    SUTTON Family from South Wales. ( Stuck on this to! So if you can help again I will be very grateful)
    ROSIER Family from Hungerford (Got it back to 1800s)
    GIBBS Family from Hungerford. (Got it back to 1800s)
    WHITESIDE Family from Belfast (Got it back to 1670s)
    SMITH Family from Berkshire (Completely stuck here!)
    GERRY Gamily from Devon and Cornwall (Got it back to 1800s)

If anyone has similar research interests to me, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks so much everyone!

Carrie-Anne
    Last edited by SearchingforFerries; 22-06-09, 17:39.

Welcome to FTF, Carrie-Anne!

Have you tried looking for your surnames in the GEDCOM on this site? Click GEDCOM above and you can search for surnames and/or places.

Anne

Comment

Welcome to the site Carrie-Ann hope you enjoy it as much as we do dear, good luck with your search
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Hi
        Thanks to you all!
        I would be more than willing to share photos, certificates and any information about the families I have researched to anyone with the same interests! Just PM me or leave me a message.

Comment

Hello this is the link to click on to look into the gedcom file on site to see if you have any matching names ;;

Upload Your GEDCOM

Good luck in your search dear ;;
          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Welcome, Carrie-Anne.

To help people like me, whose eyes are getting less quick, it would be kind to put surnames in upper case to make them easier to spot amongst the other info. You'll see quite a lot of people doing it: one of those things which is only obvious after someone has pointed it out!

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine, I have changed it!

Comment

Originally posted by SearchingforFerries View Post
                Thanks Christine, I have changed it!
                Brilliant! Thank you. :D

It's odd, really, because I also find all-upper-case very hard to read, because I do use the shape of the word, as well as the actual letters, if I'm reading quickly. But I definitely find it helpful to have surnames showing up like that.

Now I'm just sad that I can't claim any name-matches.

Have you found the new beta LDS database site? There might be some material on there for you.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

No I haven't I think. Please could you post the link!

Comment

Here you are:
                    FamilySearch Record Search

It works a bit differently from the old one. There are quite a lot of attached images - or links to sites with the images (which you may or may not have to pay for).

Christine

Comment

Thanks Christine!

Comment

Working...
                      X