No announcement yet.

How can I find out what happened to ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I find out what happened to ...

Mary Ann Goode christened 3/9/1811 (father: John Goode)

and

Jeremiah Miller christened 31/10/1813 (father: John Miller)

...... I think they are illegitimate children of Susannah Benson.

They were christened at Leamington Hastings, Warks
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Have you found them in 1841?

Comment

If they are not still alive in 1841 you'll need to check the parish records for burials or marriage in the case of Mary Ann. The IGI has almost no deaths so no good looking there. Did you find them on the IGI? If so it would be worth checking the parish records as there is often more detail there.

Anne

Comment

Hi Mary and Anne

Not sure if they were around in 1841 ... I 'think' I may have found Susannah (b 1777) who (if it's the right one) is still living in Leamington Hastings.

In 1841 I've found her other illegitimate child Shadrack who assumed his mother's name not his fathers (Thomas Sheasby).

Tried this approach with the other 2 but no success yet.

There's a Jeremiah Miller living next door to Susannah in 1841 but his yr of birth doesn't tally with the above one

Comment

in 1841 Susannah Benson aged 65 is living in Leamington Hastings, and Jeremiah Benson, ag lab, aged 20, is next door, in the household of schoolmistress Jane Hinks and her grandson (?) John.

Bearing in mind that ages were rounded in 1841, that's probably your Jeremiah.

This is probably Jeremiah's death.

Deaths Sep 1848
          BENSON Jeremiah Rugby 16 330

Comment

Hi Mary ... snap ... I just found that too.

I've not been able to find Susannah in 1851 or her death ...

Comment

Possible death for Susannah (the Rugby registration district includes Leamington Hastings):

Deaths Dec 1845
              BENSON Susan Rugby 16 303

Comment

Thanks everso Mary ... just wondering why I couldn't find it ....

... maybe 'cos I only looked for Susanna / Susannah

Comment

Possible death for Mary Ann:

Deaths Mar 1846
                  GOODE Mary Ann Rugby 16 317

Although I would have expected her to use the surname Benson like the others.

There are several possible marriages and deaths for Mary Ann Goode and Benson, but I haven't found an obvious candidate on the censuses so far.

Comment

Findmypast has a burial in Warwickshire in 1839 for a Mary Benson born 1809, and several for Mary/Mary Ann Goode, including one in 1811. Might be worth buying a few credits to check them out. There won't be much information - just the parents' names in the case of an infant, and the date and parish of burial. The database should including Leamington Hastings burials 1813-1837.

Search Parish Records Collection 1538 - 2005

Comment

thanks Mary - I'll take a look

Comment

Working...
                      X