1911 Enummerators Summary page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Enummerators Summary page

Has anyone else noticed that the 2 pages that appear on the image, are not consecutive ones?
    I was trying to find out what street my rellies lived on, as they hadn't listed it on their address, when I realised that the 2 pages I was looking at were not in order. On this particular image, the page on the left was page 4, schedule nos 75 -99 & the one on the right was page 9 , nos 193 - 217. Another had page 12 on the left (242 - 265) & page 9 on the right (171 -194) & todays one has page 19 on the left & page 1 on the right!

All these are for the same town, although not the same enummerator, has anyone else noticed this?
    Lynn

Am I the only person who has noticed this then?
    Lynn

Comment

Can't answer your question Lynn as the images aren't available for my census that I've saved.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Now you come to mention it Lyn, yes. The one I've just checked has page 8 on the left and 5 on right. Looking at it it seem they have unstitched the book and laid the paper flat. The double page I'm looking at must have been the middle of the book as pages 6 and 7 must be on the reverse of the ones I'm looking at.

Update the next one I've checkd has same pattern. I have pages 4 and 9 this time and you can see the holes where the stitches ave been removed and nosign of any other pages laying below these so they must have taken the book to pieces to film it.
        Last edited by JudithM; 22-06-09, 17:59.
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Phew, I thought it was just me. :D
          I hope the images are available for you soon Wendy, they are interesting, particularly if you have a few families in the same place.
          Lynn

Comment

Working...
          X