• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Sarah?

Sarah Benson b1834 Grandborough / Kites Hardwick, Warks

1841 she's living with parents

1851 she's 17 working as a servant / living Coventry

1861 she's 27 working as a cook / living Warwick

1871 - Do you think this is her? I'm wondering if yr of birth has been transposed 1834 > 1843 ??? or is it a coincidence that someone with the same name and from the same area is working as a cook?

Piece: 1533; Folio: 5; Page: 15;

I did wonder if she'd married.

1881 onwards - I've not been able to find her yet, so any help tracking her down would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

A Sarah Benson marrys in Dec Qtr 1880 in Coventry 6d/657 to either William Henry Bray or Fred Oldfield.
    There is also an 1871 Sarah marrying in Rugby on FreeBMD.

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post

1871 - Do you think this is her? I'm wondering if yr of birth has been transposed 1834 > 1843 ??? or is it a coincidence that someone with the same name and from the same area is working as a cook?

Piece: 1533; Folio: 5; Page: 15;

It states on the image that she is aged 28, which gives year of birth as 1843.
      Maybe she lied about her age! Can't see her in 1881 at the moment.
      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by AlanC View Post
        A Sarah Benson marrys in Dec Qtr 1880 in Coventry 6d/657 to either William Henry Bray or Fred Oldfield.
        There is also an 1871 Sarah marrying in Rugby on FreeBMD.
        Hi Alan ... Thanks for joining the search!

I checked Sarah Benson who married Edward Fell Rugby 1871 and her father was Thomas Benson whereas 'my' Sarah's father was Shadrach

Thanks, I'll take a look at 1880 info

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          It states on the image that she is aged 28, which gives year of birth as 1843.
          Maybe she lied about her age!

Hi Elaine - Thanks for looking ............that's what I wondered, afterall some of us 'occasionally' knock a few years off !!

Comment

You may be able to get help from Warwickshire On-Line Parish Clerks ..............just had a look and it appears that small fees a payable ???

Comment

thanks Alan - I'll take a look

I got a bit sidetracked with this one as she's one of 8 sisters - have tracked some of them down to 1901 but not others

Comment

Working...
              X