Who's his mother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's his mother?

In 1861 Henry Benson born 1855 is living with his grandparents Shadrach and Sarah Benson at Leamington Hastings, Warks.

Shadrach and Sarah had 8 daughters - which one of them was Henry's mother?

Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

The 1871 census doesn't help as he seems to be a lodger rather than with his parents.
    Have you traced him forwards - you may find a sibling or parent staying with him in a later census - otherwise it's probably the birth certificate or looking at the parish records.
    Elaine

Comment

I think the birth cert is the only likely source of that info - probably:
      1855 Mar-Q Rugby 6d-441

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Elaine and Christine ... The only 2 census that I've got Henry on are 1861 with his grandparents and in 1871 he appears to be lodging next door to them in Oxford Road, Leamington Hastings.

I was hoping not to have to purchase birth cert as he's not a direct rellie .. but suppose that if I want to solve this mystery I might have to ! I couldn't find anything on FamilySearch.

I've just found a death Q1 1877 in Birmingham for a Henry Benson aged 21 ... maybe that's him - what do you think?
        Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Possible - but it would only be a guess.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X