Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another FTM 2009 query re editing panel

I got the cd mainly for Ancestry sub.

I have read the book that came with the program and it makes it look sooo easy to put in data. I am lost however over the "editing panel".
    It shows a panel with all the details available. Whenever I try to add a child ot whatever I have to add each fact seperately.

I am not sure if I have ever seen the full editing panel in fact.

I have foolwed the instructions online but get nowhere with them.
    Jennie
    Research: A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots .

Sorry, I don't really understand your question.
    You say when you add a child, you then have to enter each fact separately. What sort of facts are you talking about?
    Elaine

Comment

Birth marriage death etc.
      When i add a child it comes up the first time but when I go back then I have to select a fact ie if I find the death date later on.

I think I will just have to keep playing for a while when I have time-trying to cook a large family meal at the moment.

It is a bit like going from a word processor to computer years ago.
      Jennie

Comment

Have you got your screen divided into four sections.
        List of indivduals on the left, ancestor chart top middle, family view bottom middle and editing box on right hand side.

If so, in the editing box, what comes up when you click on the Facts icon? Have you customised this to include whatever facts you think you might need with most entries.
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, think it is now sorted. I am getting too old to juggle cooking lunch and sorting out family history at the same time. Next time I have a problem I leave out the cooking
          Jennie

Comment

Working...
          X