External hard drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External hard drive

I have a Western Digital 160 GB external hard drive. Last night something odd happened as when I first used it all was well. The icon showed in my Computer with a Royal Blue background and white letters WD.
    Later I decided to take a look at it while I was checking something to tell Val, and found it had gone missing. The light was still on the ExHD.
    I plugged it in and out many times and could not trace it even using search and looking through the programmes folder.
    Today, I switched on and all was back to normal except the Royal Blue background and white wording has disappeard. I am left with an icon that looks like the old MS Square with about six coloured boxes on it. It has now called itself 'elements'.
    I wonder what is going on with this computer all of a sudden things change just like that. I put a thread up a while ago that my Windows Mail had vanished but that reappeared but without the Windows Mail welcome page under the split bar.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Nothing to do with the big download from MS yesterday? A new service pack for Vista?

Comment

Oh I didnt get service pack got window 8 again , will stick with it awhile this time see if I get used to it , my external is listed as J drive I think ;;;
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Working...
      X