Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you help me work out how they are related please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help me work out how they are related please?

Sorry if this is a bit long-winded.

I know that John German married Susan Peake on the 18th Feb 1868 (The Derby Mercury)
    Susan was born on the 8th January 1839 in Burton.
    In the marriage entry Susan's surname is given as Peake but on her grave her name is given as Susan Peake so I think Peake is a middle name. Some of her children have the middle name Johnson. This is not a name on her husband's side of the family so must be on hers.
    In the birth indexes there is a Susan Peake Johnson in Burton JFM 1839.

Looking at another branch of my tree I have the following family:

William Posnette Manners born 1847 in Burton.

One of his daughters was called Susan German Manners who was born AMJ 1883. (Susan mentioned earlier died May 1883).

I have found this on the 1851 census, showing both Susan Peake Johnson and Henry Manners (William P's father) as being the nephew and niece of the head of the household:

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2012; Folio: 94; Page: 11;

Now I don't know whether they are accurate relationships or not. If they are there is a massive age gap between the youngest and oldest cousins!

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tom

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

I would not worry about the age gaps between the cousins - my youngest child is 6, her oldest cousin is 35 !!. Her first-cousin-once-removed - her cousins oldest child, is 9 months younger than her.

The IGI gives Frances Raven, baptised 28 Jul 1783 to Thomas and Elizabeth Raven. If Thomas had a brother who married Ann ??
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Thomas Raven b 1745 to William and Elizabeth, John Brown Raven b 1763 to William and Rebecca, married Ann Brown.
      Were John and Ann related ?

IGI says Susan Peak Johnson baptised to Ann Johnson 9 Jan 1839 - perhaps Peak was her father's name ?

Looking at the census, I think John and Ann Manners are the parents of William p and John H Manners - could it be that Ann is the mother of Susan and Ann ?
      Last edited by dicole; 19-06-09, 22:09.
      Diane
      Sydney Australia

Comment

Ann Peake married John Manners Mar Q 1844 v17 p3

Henry Peake and Ann Johnson on the same page Mar Q 1829 Burton on Trent v17 p3
        Henry Peake died 1843 Jun Q Burton on Trent 17 7.

Now we have to find out if Ann or John is related to Ann Raven. Niece and Nephew have been loosely used and probably also mean Great/grand neice/nephew and also niece/nephew by marriage.
        Last edited by dicole; 19-06-09, 22:08.
        Diane
        Sydney Australia

Comment

Check out
          1841 census
          HO107; Piece 975; Book: 7; ; Folio: 17; Page: 26;

you will find Henry Peak and family with Ann and Frances Daven.

Hope this helps - now I had better get on with Saturday morning !!

Regards

Di
          Diane
          Sydney Australia

Comment

Thanks Dicole, this looks very interesting :D

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Working...
            X