LDS film hire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDS film hire

Just received this - for information. Presume it applies to all film hire.
    [Please someone move, if wrong forum]

Dear Patrons,

We apologise for the lack of notice about the changes which have just been communicated to us effective immediately:
    * Cost of a film loan is now £7.50, which more accurately reflects actual circulation costs
    * Film loan is for 90 days rather than 30 days
    * Renewal will cost £7.50 for 90 days
    * Films from the British Isles may be renewed twice. All others may be renewed once only.

London Family History Centre

Carol

Cor, that's a steep jump and seems a bit daft to me..at 4 rents per12 months they will charge £30.

The present rent is (at my centre) £2.70 for a month, which is £32.40 a year, and much more convenient for those waiting anxiously to borrow the film!

OC

Comment

I’m not too sure whether the London Centre charges a bit more than out of town ones. Last time I ordered a film (some months ago) it was £3.50 for one month and I think £5.50 for the longer period.

At the London Centre, if anyone orders a film for the longer period, the Centre is allowed to add it to their stock, which has been a great boon to me.

Carol

Comment

Hi folks,
        I was interested to read your thread and thought you may be the right people to ask my questions of.
        I think I may be taking the plunge and ordering my 1st LDS film.
        Could I please have advice on how I go about it eg - where do I order it from and where can I view it as obviously I don't have my own film viewer. My nearest LDS church is about 18 miles away so that is OK for ordering, if that is where I do it, but not convenient to go back and forth to view.
        Many thanks for your help and sorry for going a bit off topic.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Their site has a list of all their centres and, I think, telephone numbers. Presumably they would need paying before the film is ordered. I think they have viewers at their centres. You would need to check when they are open too.

FamilySearch.org - Family History Centers
          Last edited by Trina; 30-06-09, 15:29.

Comment

Thanks Trina.
            I do know where the nearest centre is now - I think my best bet is to phone them and take it from there.
            herky
            Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Herky you can only view the film at the LDS centre it is at, you can't take it away. They have viewers there and you may even be able to print off the relevant pages at a small cost, although whenever my Dad tries this the machine is always broken.
              Kit

Comment

Thank you Kit - so I should order my film at a time that I know I will be available to view it.
                I think I will wait until after the summer but I will phone the centre and take advice from them.
                herky

Comment

Good luck - hope you find what you are looking for. Just out of interest, have you tried their new website? There are lots of original images on there for some places.

Comment

I haven't found that, Trina. Can you point us in the right direction, please?

Anne

Comment

Trina may mean this one Anne

FamilySearch Record Search
                      Gillian
                      User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Thanks and yes I have had a look at this site and found some bits of info.
                        herky

Comment

Working...
                        X