Was Jane Key born Sarah Jane Key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Jane Key born Sarah Jane Key?

Elaine of Spain found the right family of my great great grandmother Charlotte Wilson nee Key on the 1841 census. It lists Jane Key (one of Charlotte's sisters) as 10, born in Hull. I haven't been able to find a birth date and name for her and by 1851 she has either died or got married. I have found a Sarah Jane Key as possible marriage in Sculcoates and wonder if this is her. What do you think?
    Last edited by LorraineJ; 19-06-09, 17:15.

It's quite possible as her mother was Sarah as well.
    Don't forget, the 1841 census doesn't give place of birth - all it gives is county, which was Yorkshire.
    I think you are going to have to access the parish records for this one. I can't see anything online for Sculcoates/Kingston upon Hull.
    Elaine

Comment

I have found the family again in 1851 and the poor woman (Sarah) has had two more children. I now know the father came from Gleatworth, Lincoln and Sarah from Brigg, Lincoln.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
        It's quite possible as her mother was Sarah as well.
        Don't forget, the 1841 census doesn't give place of birth - all it gives is county, which was Yorkshire.
        I think you are going to have to access the parish records for this one. I can't see anything online for Sculcoates/Kingston upon Hull.
        I think the only way round this is to pay a visit to the Hull records office and see what I can find out.

Comment

It looks as if Sarah Jane Key married William Moses
          - Ancestry.co.uk

She gives her place of birth as Keston, Lincolnshire - born c1833

The Jane Key in the 1841 census lists place of birth as Yorkshire, although both parents and the two older children were born in Lincolnshire!
          Elaine

Comment

Working...
          X