Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any famous relatives?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone's ever found that they're related to someone famous in today's society? My aunt's recently told me that we're distant relatives of the actor Jamie Foreman - anyone else found anything like that?

xx

Nope, all mine are rabble........

Comment

Barbara......:D My lot too!

A visiting gasman once told me, as he recognised my surname as being the same as his, that the name goes back to Lady Jane Grey........nowhere near that far back yet, and do I really want to know.......poor girl, look what happened to her!
      Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

I'm distantly related by marriage to Ludovic Kennedy and his wife Moira Shearer (the brother of one of my ancestors married one of his Kennedy ancestors).

Not today's society, but I'm even more distantly related via two or three marriages to Oscar Wilde.

Another relative was a servant in Charles Darwin's household.

Comment

Mine, so far, are completely unfamous (they're not even infamous) :D

Comment

No, but The Spinners (and others) have sung about my avatar, which was the factual basis for The Onedin Line.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

a couple of aussie footballers around the 70's/80's. not aware of any more today, but like most people, i have medieval royalty in my tree. i read somewhere i think it was 90% of western europe is descended from the valois of france, plantagenets of england, or the hapsburgs of austria. trick is getting back that far!!

Comment

Working...
              X