saving as

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saving as

On my old computer which had XP Home, I now have XP professional.
    When "Saving As" the file name remained when I changed drives It does in Word but not in Spreadsheet or Database.
    Any suggestions?

James,

I have used XP and Vista and found that once you have Saved a Document with a name if you click on Save As it requires an alternative name.

Also Save As should give you the options to change the format from say Word/Excel 2007 format to a different format Word/Excel 2003 or a Template etc.
    Last edited by Margaret N; 18-06-09, 21:34.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

In XP home with Word 2000 once you have a filename then it stays in the box when you change drives.

Comment

James,

Not certain I have understood your problem. What do you mean 'changed drives'.

If the name remains can you not click on it so it goes blue and rename it.
        Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

I have "C" ,"D" and "L" drives and I normally save to each drive, when I Save as I get a drop down menu in which I pick out the drive to save to and then pick out the file name each time I change to another drive to save to.

It works in Word but not Spreadsheet or Database

Comment

James,

Take a look at page 3 of the Burning to Disk where I have just put a message saying that I have lost my External Hard Drive.

Will worry about it tomorrow.
            Margaret N

Comment

Working...
            X