Money comparison sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money comparison sites

A an older relative and new computer user has asked me for a site which gives the value of money in the past, I found one for her but she finds it too confusing, are there any simple ones I can point her at?

I use this one and being something of a numpty..........

Last edited by Just Barbara; 18-06-09, 16:17.

Comment

Had to edit as I had the addy written down wrongly.....!

Comment

That looks interesting Barbara, I know values are difficult to calculate, the one I sent her to converted in 5 different ways ( I didn't understand it either!)

Comment

This is another site which I have used before.

Never posted a webb site before so if it doesn't work I will try again

Measuring Worth - Purchasing Power of British Pound
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Lin - thats the one I sent her in the first place:o

(I used to use one I had saved to my favourites on my old computer that died a horrible death)

Just found this one too

Last edited by Jill on the A272; 18-06-09, 19:50. Reason: added link

Comment

Thanks so much for the links - I just got a copy of a will through the post and was very interested to find out todays equivalent value of the estate. I have to say I was very impressed with what I discovered... now why didn't that money make it across to my branch??? LOL

Comment

I know what you mean. Any money my lot left was spent about 3 generations ago:(

Comment

If she wants to compare values over more than a few years forget it.
                  None of the sites can give accurate comparisons.
                  There are far too many variables to even contemplate such comparisons.
                  Cheers
                  Guy
                  Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Working...
                  X