Thankyou for the Timeline Folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thankyou for the Timeline Folks

I hadn't seen the thread before, so just wanted to pop on and say thankyou.
    I write my FH up in story form and like to add little snippets of 'news of the time'.
    So, a fantastic help - many thanks

I'm so pleased that you like it. This is precisely what I wanted to do, too. A descendant of one of my lines (now in his 80s) did precisely this - he wrote a 200 + page bood about his family set in the historical and social context - it is absolutely great and brings them all to life.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I've been doing the same thing Elizabeth, trying to give a flavour of what is happening in the area my family lived in.

The timeline is fascinating and very helpful, I've discovered a greater liking for history than I ever had in school many moons ago! And my georgraphy has improved. :D

Thank you
      Buttercup

Comment

Everyone is welcome to make additions to the Timeline - it's very easy to do as Caroline has done such a wonderful job setting it up. So if there is something you would like to see on there, just give it a go.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Working...
        X