Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to look?

Hi

Jenoco has very kindly got me some information about the son of my gg grandmother. His name was Francis Robert Charles Edmund Williams and was born in 1894 in Burton on Trent. His mother Harriett left him shortly after his birth as my g grandad was born in 1896.

In 1901 he is with his paternal grandparents and i then lose him. The only photo i have of him is in a military uniform. His death information states that he was in Canada for 43 years (entry in 1922ish) and married to Frances Jane Walton.

I have looked on the 1920 US census and cannot see him on there. I also cant find his marriage on the British Columbia website which goes up to 1933, Manitoba which goes up to 1929,New Brunswick up to 1955, Ontario up to 1924

Does anyone else have any ideas?
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Do you know what nationality his uniform is? If not it might be worth putting a photo up to see if anyone can identify it

Also with all those first names he might have been known by any of them (or Frank etc.)
    Jackie

Comment

There are a lot of Canadian military records here:

Military and Peacekeeping - On Our Website - Library and Archives Canada

Comment

Working...
      X