X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did he come from then?

Frederick Woygood (Waygood) 1872 Ditchling, Sussex
    1901 RG13; Piece: 1541; Folio: 113; Page: 15

He is with Louisa nee Lock and it says they are both married. Well, they might be but not to each other lol. They didn't actually marry until 1912 and Louisa married previously in 1897.

I can't find any trace of Frederick before 1901.

I don't want this to sway you in any way...lol... but Louisa's sister, Miriam, married Edward Percy Waygood 1874 Timsbury, Hampshire

Thanks for looking
    Jeanette
    Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

There's a birth in Lewes 1Q 1872
    Frederick Waygood ~ assume that's him
    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

It certainly looks like it Rachel....so he was born :D

I must admit that I don't have any certificates for either couple Althouhg I do have a photo from Miriam and Edward's wedding
      Jeanette

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanette In Yorkshire View Post
        It certainly looks like it Rachel....so he was born :D

I must admit that I don't have any certificates for either couple Althouhg I do have a photo from Miriam and Edward's wedding
        :D ~ it does say that Ditchling comes under Lewes Reg Dist

Am looking at censuses (81 and 91) and can not see him, so far, although 1891 has a Waygood family in Hursley, Hampshire
        ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I want to put him with Edward's family cos there's a nice little space....but where did they hide him for nearly 30 years
          Jeanette

Comment

Hmmmmph ~ not getting anywhere with this :(

Comment

Have searched, but failed, sorry.
              Joy

Comment

Not to worry ladies. Thanks for taking the time to look At least I'm not alone in not being able to find him. Looks like I'll have to get a cert
                Jeanette

Comment

I'm a couple of miles from Ditchling and know all the little hamlets bordering the village, having searched all males born 1872 in Streat, Westmeston, Keymer, Clayton, Wivelsfield and East Chiltington there is nobody remotely resembling your man.

Comment

Wow Jill! Thanks you little star I wonder if he was illegitimate then or something? I think I am definitely going to have to get the marriage cert to try and sort this one out
                    Jeanette

Comment

Working...
                    X