Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I find out if this is a fairy story or fact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I find out if this is a fairy story or fact?

I was talking with my Mum earlier today and she mentioned her father Thomas Wilson, was in WW1 and had something to do with army entertainment. How would I find out about this, its very different from a fighting unit, where would it be documented.

She also tells me that my grandparents were very good friends with Flanigen and Allen. Again I don't know whether the truth has been distorted over the years but I'd like to know if there is just an element of truth or its nonsense.
    Last edited by LorraineJ; 16-06-09, 19:07.

Lorraine the 1914-1918 forum at the Long Long Trail website might be a better place to ask, there are some real experts on all aspects of the Great War there, and if anyones going to know how you should go about it I imagine they would.

Comment

Here's a link about WW11 entertainment ENSA
      Margaret

Comment

Here's a site for Flanagan and Allen Flanagan and Allen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        Looks like they were WW11 entertainers.
        Margaret

Comment

Perhaps he was in WW1 like everyone else and then separately in WW11 as an entertainer?
          Margaret

Comment

I know that there were concert parties at the Front in ww1, and that some recognition was made of the need to keep the troops morale up, so it looks to me like a fact.......

Comment

There's an interesting thread on Rootschat about WW1 concert parties. Some of the links may be useful and it looks as though there are some knowledgeable people on there

concert parties Family History Local History
              Jackie

Comment

Have registered with both linkis in the hope that I can find out more information and am awaiting the confirmation e-mails to activate my accounts. Thanks for the pointers, hope I can find out more info.

Comment

Working...
                X