Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• challenge

Would anyone like a challenge?

I am trying to find a marriage for the following peeps, dont scream I know it says Powell and Davies. I had given up but looked again today and still cannot find them.

Charles Powell to a Margaret Davies their eldest child was born in 1887 and on the 1911 census it states they have been married for 25 years so that means they married in 1886 if they ever did I am begining to wonder!!!

Charles was born in Fownhope Herefordshire and Margaret was born in Radnorshire Wales. I have them on all the census and Margaret is living with her parents before the marriage in Herefordshire so assume they married there but I have looked in Wales also just in case.

Would appreciate any help if you are bored and have time.
    GWEN

Originally posted by Gwen@coggiecorner View Post
    Margaret is living with her parents before the marriage in Herefordshire so assume they married there but I have looked in Wales also just in case.
    Where were they living in Herefordshire?
    Elaine

Comment

on the last census Margaret was on with her family she was living at Trump Farm Fownhope and Charles was living parkes cottage Fownhope Herefordshire
      GWEN

Comment

I found Charles Powell and Elizabeth Davies ? 1884 Monmouth, South Wales. Q1 11a 54.

Any help?
        Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

There is a Charles George Powell married Ledbury 6a 889 1886 Q4, but no wife listed. How do I search for her? When I entered the volume and page number etc. it came back with one female missing. And it's the Ledbury one! Just googled ledbury and Fownhope, they are quite close.
          Last edited by JulesSmith; 17-06-09, 09:56.
          Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Originally posted by JulesSmith View Post
            There is a Charles George Powell married Ledbury 6a 889 1886 Q4, but no wife listed. How do I search for her? When I entered the volume and page number etc. it came back with one female missing. And it's the Ledbury one! Just googled ledbury and Fownhope, they are quite close.
            There isn't a Margaret Davies that matches that reference
            Jeanette
            Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page
              Marriages Dec 1886 (>99%)
              POWELL Charles George Ledbury 6a 889
              Wall Jesseina Louisa E Ledbury 6a 889

This is the only couple under that ref, there isn't a bride missing as there is only one groom
              Clare

Comment

I found Charles Powell and Elizabeth Davies ? 1884 Monmouth, South Wales. Q1 11a 54.

Any help?
                Thanks for that, her name is Margaret Anne Davies I know this is correct as I sent for one of their childrens birth certs as I could not find their marriage.
                I do not think this is the one but thanks to you for looking.
                GWEN

Comment

I checked this one out but found it was not the one. I've looked at some many records in hope but not found them. I surpose they could have lied on the 1911 census about their marriage and not been married at all!!!
                  GWEN

Comment

Thanks to everyone for trying to find them I do appreciate it
                    ;)
                    GWEN

Comment

Hi Gwen

I've been looking til my eyes have nearly fallen out :D I thought that maybe Margaret had been born before her parents were married as she seems to be their eldest child. It seems that her mother's maiden name could have been Powell too but I couldn't find a marriage for Charles Powell to Margaret Powell either :(
                      Jeanette

Comment

Thanks for looking. I have not looked for her parents marriage yet may be I should, but looking for a marriage between a David Davies and all I know is his wife is called Ann and in Wales I thought would be a nighmare :( so put it off. I did think of applying for Margaret BC but could not really establish the correct one to send for.
                        Thanks for looking once again
                        ;)
                        GWEN

Comment

I see what you mean Jeanette another Powell :( just had a look and found the Marriage for her parents if it is the right one, but so far the only one I've found between a David and Ann. Mind it does not help me find Margarets marriage. Ooh well I will just think they never married:D

Ps carried on looking for her parents marriage and found another possible in the same year 1857 and just to confuse the issue even more there are two ann/ anne Williams as others on the page!!!!
                          Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 17-06-09, 16:53.
                          GWEN

Comment

Yes, I saw the Ann Williams's too Gwen. I couldn't find a corresponding Ann with the right birthplace though, although there was an Ann Alesbury who was the step daughter of a Williams
                            Jeanette

Comment

Hi Gwen.

Have u seen the entry on Freebmd for Sept. qtr. 1885 for Merthyr Tydfil.

The four names are

Ann Davies
                              John Davies
                              Sarah Ann Kent
                              Charles Powell.

Dont know if that is any help.
                              Pam

Comment

Hi Gwen,

There is a marriage for Charles Edward Powell and Margaret Rosemand Davis Sep 1884 Westminster 1a 928

Malcolm

Comment

Working...
                                X