X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary Closure of the British Postal Museum & Archive Search Room

My attention was drawn to this via the British Jewry mailing list:
    Our history through the post - The British Postal Museum and Archive
    The Search Room at The British Postal Museum & Archive will close from 29 June to allow urgent work to take place on our air conditioning system.

It is expected that the work will take at least 8 weeks although it may take longer.

We will continue to deal with email, letter and telephone enquiries during this time but it may take us slightly longer to respond than usual.

If you are planning to visit us in July or August please contact the Search Room in advance of your visit by emailing info@postalheritage.org.uk or telephoning 020 7239 2570 to check our current status. Updates will also be posted here.
    Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Thanks for that Christine - I keep saying that I'm going to combine a trip to the Postal Archive with one of my trips to the LMA but I always end up with so much to look for there that I never quite make it! At least I'll know not to try over the summer lol!
    Sue

Comment

Working...
    X