Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper site

Hi

does anyone still have access to the Gale Newspaper site? I have registered with Lancs library but it doesnt like the code they have given me so guess they have taken it off. If anyone has it could you look for Martha Sleight please, who died in Yorkshire in 1874 and had a post mortem

many thanks
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Lensgirl - do you mean a post mortem or an inquest?

Post mortems are not reported in the newspaper, inquests are.

OC

Comment

Robyne

I struggled with access to the newspapers via my library card - then I discovered that I had to enter DCC (stands for derbyshire county council) as well as the no's on my card.
      Kathleen

Comment

Have checked the Lancs Library site - nothing in the Times Digital Archives or the 19th Century British Library Newspapers.
        Elaine

Comment

Robyne, I think the Lancs library code will only work if you access Gale through the Lancashire Libraries website - see links on the right of this page: http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/onrl/
          I've just tried it and it's working fine.
          Sarah

Comment

I looked at NENA site and Gales, no hits, sorry. Just looking at Times.

Comment

Times, & Proquest (Guardian and Observer) no hits, sorry.

Comment

Working...
              X