From Uruguay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Uruguay

Could someone give me a helping hand with one or both of these photos, to bring them into better condition, please,

David

Attached Files
    Last edited by drennie; 16-06-09, 16:55.

Welcome to FTF David. :D

I'm sure that someone will try to help you with your photos, you may have to wait a little until the UK wakes up though.

Just wondered, have you ever used photobucket or an equivalent website? Members tend to upload their photos into photobucket and then display them on here (FTF) via a link. That way you will be able to display larger pictures which will then make it easier for others to play with.

Please ask if you need help with photobucket, I'm sure that someone will point you in the right direction. Again, you may have to wait a little while until more members come online. Unless our Ozzie friends can help !! :D

Comment

Heres one

Niksmum

Comment

and

Niksmum

Comment

John,
          thank you very much, I think that on my second attempt that I managed to upload the photos properly.
          Why the great interest in War Graves?
          Although I am here in Uruguay (from Scotland) as a teacher, one of my "hobbies" is as Chairman of the British Cemetery here in Montevideo. We have various graves that are maintained with the help of the War Graves Commission which might be of interest to you, and also some from the Battle of the River Plate. I think that our Administrator has some snap shots of some of these headstones, if they are of any interest to you.

Comment

Thank you Niksmum.
            These are rather special photos for me since the man with the dark hair and moustache was a very, very long serving member of the staff here at The British Schools in Montevideo, and in the second photo he is receiving due recognition from the Chairman of the Board of Governors.
            Last edited by drennie; 17-06-09, 01:01.

Comment

Welcome to FTF Drennie.

Peter
              Those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music.

Comment

David,

Back in the early days of Family Tree Forum I didn't have much of an interest in war memorials/graves to be honest but then, probably because I don't live in the UK (I'm in Japan), I was asked if I would like to look after the 'International (non-UK) war memorial' section of the Wiki (viewable by clicking the links on my signature or from the tool bar at the top of the page). As I'm not UK local and many people have helped me with my research I was very happy to make what contribution I could, and it's just expanded from there.

After a while my interest grew and I went to the British Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery in Yokohama where I took many hundreds of photos.

I find that the cemeteries/memorials are both very sad, with such loss of young life, and fascinating. If, in my small way, I can contribute to helping people find their relations/ancestors graves as well as continuing the memory of those who gave their lives then I'm delighted to do so.

Many members, from around the world, have made great War Grave/Memorial contributions and the section on the Wiki continues to grow.

I would most definitely be very interested in any War Grave or Memorial contributions/photos you are able to make, they would be most gratefully received. They will be displayed on the Wiki for the benefit of all so they shouldn't be copyrighted.

Comment

Working...
                X