Where or Whot is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where or Whot is?

I am trying to trace something of my 5xG/Gfather John Allison. His daughter my 4xG/Gma + G/Pa Elizabeth and Thomas were married in London in 1802 and had 4 children. The children's Baptism details gives Elizabeth's father as "John Allison, Little St. John's Apostle, London"
    I have tried to find the above place or building but without look. The nearest I have got is to find reference to the same address in several legal and court reports on the N.Arch. site. But it still didn't throw any light onto where or what Little St. John's ---- is or was.:(
    Anyone with ideas please, because it might through some light onto where I can start to look for details about John Allison, his parents and the remainder of Elizabeth's family.
    Family details I'm looking for:- Edmondson-N/Yorkshire+Salford. Wilkinson-N/Yorks, [B]O'N[/B]eill-Manchester+Ireland?, Hill-Derbyshire, Warrington-Derbyshire +N.Zealand, Makin- Salford, Partington- Prestwich

I googled, and found this, eventually:
    Churches and religious bodies - Medieval chapels | British History Online

But it might be St John the Evangelist - or even the Baptist - rather than the Apostle.

Hope it's of use.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
    X