Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you convert a photo into a sketch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you convert a photo into a sketch?

Hi

the title says it all really, but im looking to try and convert this picture into a type of sketch/ drawing

Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

What photo handling program do you have? Even my very basic one (came free with the camera) has options to convert to various arty things. Have you tried all the option tabs on your program?

Anne

Comment

I've just done this in Faststone Image Viewer - at a click of a button! Is it the sort of thing you are looking for?

Elaine

Comment

Your image

Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine

thanks so much for that, i need it to be in a bit more detail that that though so as to identify which church it is. is that possible? i currently only have Paint which i dont think will do it so may need to get something a bit more high tech?
          Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Sorry, can't see another option which would give more detail.
            Elaine

Comment

Thanks anyway Elaine
              Robyne

Comment

Interesting question
                Googled and found this ~

From a Digital Photo to a Painting:: GMX-PhotoPainter
                ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Any of these any good?

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

There's quite a good tool in Photobucket for this (Edit, effects, more, sketch)

Jackie

Comment

Hey that looks good Jackie
                      I've just followed a Youtube tutorial and did this

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Been playing. here are two more.

Wendy

Comment

I converted the photo to monochrome
                          then used Photoshop Filters – brush strokes/ink outline.

Peter
                          Those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music.

Comment

wow thanks so much all, they are excellent!
                            Robyne

Comment

Wendy,
                              What programme do you have that enables you to do this.
                              I used to be able to do the same with photos of mine, but then hubby changed computer and I don't have it anymore......and can't remember what the name of the programme was. I really want it back!! Help!!
                              Karen x

Comment

Karen I have Photoshop 7. Most Graphics programmes will do something similar though.
                                Wendy

Comment

Thanks very much Wendy.
                                  Karen x

Comment

Working...
                                  X