Shall I throw £7 at this or not?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shall I throw £7 at this or not?!

Prompted by Christine in Herts useful local bmd update thread, I had another look for my mysterious Joseph Holden's birth...and found one I am sure I have never seen before, in 1854, Hulme, Manchester.

It's for Joseph HENRY Holden. Joseph never used (or had?) a middle name but his first son was called Henry.....

I should add, I have seven certs already for this man. I may already have the correct cert but there is no way of knowing!

He was the product of my 2 x ggf's first marriage to unknown unknown. This first marriage is the key to unlocking a few mysteries about 2 x ggf..what's his father's name on THIS one, for instance.

The only thing holding me back is that there is a baptism in 1853 for a Joseph Henry Holden...but wrong father....

....sigh....where's me chequebook....

OC

I'd hate to feel responsible for sending you on a wild goose chase - especially a £7 one. The trouble is, that it will probably niggle in your mind until you give in. I had the same problem with a birth record for George BENNETT ca 1840 in North Kilworth, near(ish) Lutterworth. I bought two certs, because either could have been the right one. In fact neither was - and I suspect he wasn't registered... or maybe it just didn't make it from the Leicestershire recording system to GRO.

I've added them to the Wiki list.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Christine

Don't worry - the beauty of Lancsbmd is that if I specify father's name to be James and it isn't - I get the whole £7 back, lol!

OC

Comment

OC - why are you asking? You know you're not going to be able to not send for it :D

I wish some of my counties would refund the whole £7.00 when the father is not as specified!
        Gillian
        User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

I'm quite excited really, it's ages since I have bought an "essential" cert!

OC

Comment

The East Yorkshire register office ring you back and tell you if it's the wrong one and don't charge you either

Anyway OC, don't ask me cos I've already sent someone on a wild goose chase for a cert :o
            Jeanette
            Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Working...
            X