Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• information on Mary L Kirby

Hi

I am looking for inforamtion on this or any other member of the Kirby Family that went to live in Canada. As of the 1901 census she was 14 yrs old.

My mum has mentioned that my 'nan' had a sister that went to live in Canada - they called her 'Lottie'??
    I do know that a brother Aubrey J Kirby also went over there as he signed up for the Canadian Expedition force & he was killed in action during the WW1. We have the Attestation papers but there is no really useful details on there other than someone signed him in!
    Would be grateful if sanyone could tell me something on this sister.

Many thanks
    Bashful
    xxxxxxx

Hi

Can you give a bit more information please? Was she on the 1901 census here or there? Was Aubrey, Aubrey John b: 1889 in Meriden Warwickshire? Do you know what part of Canada they went to?

:D
    Buttercup

Comment

Hello!!!

I have found a Autry John Kirby b: 1889 staying with William David & Amy Caroline Tranton in Manitoba on 1911 census, described as Nephew - feel sure this could be your chap. What do you think?

If I have the correct family, John (labourer from Solihull) & Mary K Kirby Berkeswell Warwickshire on 1901 census, there is a daughter (1891 census) Edith L, b:1884.

There is also a marriage for Edith Lottie in 1906 Coventry to a Charles Smith Bull - 1911 census has a Edith Bull b:1884 Meriden. I don't see this couple on migration lists but you may want to ask someone who has incoming to Canada - I don't have them.

Hope this is helpful
      Buttercup

Comment

[QUOTE=Buttercup;1730327]Hello!!!

I have found a Autry John Kirby b: 1889 staying with William David & Amy Caroline Tranton in Manitoba on 1911 census, described as Nephew - feel sure this could be your chap. What do you think?

If I have the correct family, John (labourer from Solihull) & Mary K Kirby Berkeswell Warwickshire on 1901 census, there is a daughter (1891 census) Edith L, b:1884.

There is then a marriage for Edith Lottie in 1906 Coventry to a Charles Smith Bull - 1911 census has a Edith Bull b:1884 Meriden. I don't see this couple on migration lists but you may want to ask someone who has incoming to Canada - I don't have them.

Hope this is helpful

Sorry I forgot to mention - John I can't find on 1911 but Mary appears to be living with Nellie & Stanley in Meriden - I haven't viewed transcript so there may be others but I think I have marriages for Walter, Nellie and Charles in this country.
        Buttercup

Comment

Hi Buttercup

This is amazing - thanks so much for the info.

Bashful
          xxxxxxxxx

Comment

Did you manage to find the marriages for Walter, Nellie & Charles at all?

Comment

Originally posted by bashfulwomble View Post
              Hi Buttercup

This is amazing - thanks so much for the info.

Bashful
              xxxxxxxxx
              Is it any good? I have more if you are interested, more on Lottie that is
              Would you like to pm me......
              Buttercup

Comment

Working...
              X