WOW that was quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW that was quick

Ordered a cert from GRO at 14.01 Wednesday afternoon.

its just arrived

Not bad for an estimated dispatch date of 16 June

AND it was sent second class.

Shame it didn't hold any surprises, or new information.

So where is the marriage cert, ordered at the same time, that will tell me the groom's father, so I can get a bit further back with his line???
    Vicky

They do seem to be on the ball just lately Vicky, I received 3 certs on Thursday, which were not due until Friday......and have another one due on the 19th, so maybe that will arrive early too!
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Maybe demand is low lately due to the credit crunch hence the fast results.

Comment

I ordered a death cert and marriage cert Tuesday night. Death cert arrived Friday morning, well ahead of dispatch time, but like you no sign of the marriage yet.

Comment

i find the gro pretty good. i get certs roughly 2 weeks after ordering them, sometimes they arrive 12 days.
          i like the local ones better, they arrive within a week!!

Comment

birth cert ordered Tuesday night arrived this morning

Perhaps there have been more marriage certs than anything else asked for recently
            Barbara

Comment

Yes - I was feeling chuffed, too: I ordered 5 D-certs and 1 B-cert on 6 June, with estimated posting date of 12 Jun and they all arrived on Thursday (11th).

I'd have felt even happier, had I not made a couple of mistakes! I faithfully rechecked that the years/quarters & volume/page refs all matched the correct names. WHat I didn't check was whether I'd picked up my most recent guesses - given that the surname is not unusual! Ah, well. Live and Learn!

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I should refer the Tasmanian Birth Deaths and Marriages to his thread......looks like I could get a certficate quicker from England.

I am still waiting for my parents wedding certificate I ordered here before Easter.

Comment

I ordered a death cert on 8th June in the evening but I was getting it sent to work because it is for year 6's history project. Hopefully it will be there on Monday and we can use it for the lesson in the morning :D

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Some of our Local Offices seem able to send the certs by return of post!

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

the marriage cert arrived this morning, having been processed/dispatched on friday.

So how come second class post is apparently quicker than first at the moment?
                      Vicky

Comment

My cert arrived this morning at work. It was the right one.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Working...
                        X