Numpty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numpty

I've jsut looked at the thread I posted asking for help and realised you cant see the image its sooo small!

How do I get to post it so its visable

thank you

Ginny

Hi Ginny
    First you need to do a good scan
    That means the scale should be at least 100% and the resolution at 300+

Then upload your pic on to a 'host' site such as Photobucket

making sure that the file size option is at the maximum ~
    for a free account this is 1 magabyte (see below)

Then copy and paste into the reply box on FTF
    (using the IMG Code on Photobucket)
    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Ginny I answered your other thread! And erm sorry, another numpty here, but someone will come along......Like Rachel.......!!

Comment

IMG Code

Hi Rachel

I've just seen your reply to the scanning query and you mentioned the IMG code from photo bucket. I have posted a separate query, but no one is answering so sorry for butting in. I have tried to copy the IMG code from photo bucket but it says it is too long any help would be much appreciated I am not very computer literate.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Vearncombe View Post
          Hi Rachel

I've just seen your reply to the scanning query and you mentioned the IMG code from photo bucket. I have posted a separate query, but no one is answering so sorry for butting in. I have tried to copy the IMG code from photo bucket but it says it is too long any help would be much appreciated I am not very computer literate.

Chris
          Hiya
          Try re-naming your pic (i.e. chop off some words) it doesn't matter what it's called just so long as you get it on here ;)
          ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Hi Rachel

Someone did answer wiith the same advice. I will give it a go

Many Thanks

Chris

Comment

Never thought of that Rachel, I just answered Chris' original thread telling him to delete the end brackets, that's what I usually do, and it always works but, I'll bear your suggestion in mind, if and when I have longer titles.
              Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Thank You

Thanks everyone for your help and Rachel the idiot guide is fab, just what I need.

I'll have to wait until work next week because I dont have a scanner here. Please dont delete your threads as I'll need them on Monday. Mean time I'm going to look at some of the amazing work you do restoring photo..I'm blown away.

Once again thanks

Ginny

Comment

Glad you got here Ginny Told you they are brilliant at the restoration side didnt I

Comment

Brilliant...too right!

I'm going to try and follow the advice to get the picture bigger, please bear with me when it comes to Office software I'm a whizz but this lot is new to me!

x

Comment

Scanning help

I got advice on how to scan so my photo is bigger and better - thanks all for this.

however now I have come to follow the advice, my Samsung SCX 4200 doesnt give me any of the options to make the image bigger or better!

Oh please any help

thanks all
                      x

Comment

Can you date this photo please?

Sorry all, I keep trying to get this photo on here but......

ooooooh I've done it!

Thanks
                        Ginny
                        Last edited by Ginny; 15-06-09, 14:01.

Comment

:D WELL DONE

I just came back on here and ~ ta daaaaaaaa ~ you made it

exhausting at first isn't it ! ;)

Comment

Hard work

Thanks Rachel

yes it was a bit tough but the help that you posted got me through it.

The only thing is, I seem to have posted the photos on here and on a new thread. Will that be a problem and will I get done by the board police lol !

Would I best deleting one of them..if so which one would you suggest - sorry I'm a real green nubie arent I!

Ginny x

Comment

I'd leave them both

Have had a quick look for the photographer on censuses (1891 & 1901) can't see him

Comment

Oh WELL DONE!!!!!!!
                                I can't find much about this chap apart that he seems to have been working at the start of the 20th century, this would certainly fit with the mens clothes...:D

Comment

Thanks girls for the advice. I have SUCH a big head today having got the photo on here!

Small things egh!

x

Comment

Hi Ginny and welcome to the forum

The photographer, Walter R Moore born c1855 Derby was at that address in 1901.

- Ancestry.co.uk

If its the same man he was a baker and at a different address in 1891

- Ancestry.co.uk

Not sure if that helps much other than the photo must have been after 1891
                                    Jackie

Comment

Thanks Jackie, thats interesting. I am a member of Ancestry but never thought to look.

I'll take a peep around and see if he pops up as a photographer

Bless you for helping

x

Comment

Jackie

from your lead I have found him on the 1911 census too! So The photograph is from somewhere 1892 - ?

If it's early the others on it are his brothers if its 1920's (which I dont think I'll ever find out) then its him and his 2 sons

Oh why isnt the 1920's census out!

x

Comment

Working...
                                        X