1911....Yorkshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911....Yorkshire

Does anyone know if all districts of Yorkshire are listed yet please.....particularly Redcar?

Nothing is coming up for the people I'm trying to find.
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

HI it says east north and west
    which name and I will do a quick look

Laura

Comment

Just tried John smith and names came up in Middlesborough , Guisborough and south shields

Laura

Comment

I've just been having a look at 1911 (for the first time!!) and I think the place names may not be as expected in some cases. I have found (in the free search) people who I am pretty sure are mine but the places are not quite right.

Have you tried searching without a place name to start with?

Anne

PS I have had some success putting in the name of another person in the household. It seems to then eliminate those without that extra name.

Comment

Hi Laura,

Looking for my aunt.......she was Elizabeth Ellen Brandon Born 1883, and married Charles Ramsden Wise Born 1874.........he came from Yorkshire.....I'm sure it was Redcar, which may come under West Riding.

I got one C R Wise result but his wife was called Mary and they were both born in Dalton.

My Elizabeth was born Manchester.
          Jen

Comment

HI
            I have just put in Charles Wise and I think your man has come up in Huddersfield West Ridings

Regards
            Laura

Comment

hi just looked at it thats the one you mentioned :(

do you know if they had chilren
              Laura

Comment

Lol! Laura........not to worry, I tried again myself but they're still Awol.

Thanks for trying Laura.
                Jen

Comment

Redcar was in the North Riding surely
                  Jeanette
                  Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Was it Jeanette, well I never! Still nothing coming up however.
                    Jen

Comment

Yes, it's just east of Middlesborough which used to be in the North Riding.

I'm still looking too. Do you have him on an earlier census?
                      Jeanette

Comment

Just found Charles's birth and he was born in the Huddersfield reg district which is in the West Riding
                        Jeanette

Comment

Are you sure you have the right partners in the marriage. As Charles seems to be with a Mary in 1911 and the other woman on the marriage is Mary...are you sure Elizabeth didn't marry John Jagger?

Marriages Dec 1901 (>99%)
                          Brandon Elizabeth Ellen Huddersfield 9a 625
                          HOLDEN Mary Huddersfield 9a 625
                          JAGGER John Richard Huddersfield 9a 625
                          Wise Charles Ramsden Huddersfield 9a 625
                          Jeanette

Comment

I think Charles did marry Mary and Elizabeth did marry John Jagger

Wise Births after 1911

Births Dec 1911 (>99%)
                            Wise Willie Holden Huddersfield 9a 486

Births Mar 1913 (>99%)
                            Wise Laura Holden Huddersfield 9a 475

Births Mar 1918 (99%)
                            Wise Mary Holden Huddersfield 9a 352

Births Jun 1920 (>99%)
                            Wise Bessie Holden Huddersfield 9a 530

Jagger births after 1911

Births Jun 1914 (>99%)
                            JAGGER Stanley Brandon Huddersfield 9a 495
                            Jeanette

Comment

These are the other people in the same household as John Richard Jagger in 1911

HOUSEHOLD JAGGER ALFRED M 1906 5 Huddersfield Yorkshire West Riding
                              HOUSEHOLD JAGGER ANNIE MILDRED F 1903 8 Huddersfield Yorkshire West Riding
                              HOUSEHOLD JAGGER ELIZABETH ELLEN F 1874 37 Huddersfield Yorkshire West Riding
                              HOUSEHOLD JAGGER HERBERT M 1904 7 Huddersfield Yorkshire West Riding
                              HOUSEHOLD JAGGER JACK M 1910 10 MONTHS Huddersfield Yorkshire West Riding
                              HOUSEHOLD JAGGER JESSIE F 1908 3 Huddersfield Yorkshire West Riding
                              Jeanette

Comment

Oooer......Jeanette, what a boo boo I've made, I've had my aunt Elizabeth with Charles for the past 3 years......so can't remember how I managed that!

But I'm extremely greatful to you for discovering my faux pas. I will have to look into all this again.

And thanks for all the details you've turned up.
                                Jen

Comment

You're welcome Jen I haven't looked at either of the images though so can't be 100%
                                  Jeanette

Comment

It certainly looks right Jeanette, but I can never understand why they always put down a different place of birth.........by that I mean Elizabeth was born in Manchester but she's down as coming from Huddersfield!

Well I'm so glad I put this up Jeanette as you have rectified a 3 yr old mistake.....but oh! the work involved now!
                                    Jen

Comment

Not to worry about the images Jeanette, I will double check it all now.
                                      Jen

Comment

The only problem with it is that she is listed as being born in 1874 but it could be a mistranscription. Unfortunately it only tells you where she is living and you would have to look at the image to find out where she was born
                                        Jeanette

Comment

Working...
                                        X