Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you use electoral roll to find living ppl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you use electoral roll to find living ppl?

hi,

how do you use the electoral roll to find living people?

i sent a letter to my auntie a few weeks back and it has been returned to me stating that she moved from her flat (where i sent it) to sheltered accomodation somewhere in the town. now i know the town and i know er name etc, but apart from this i have no idea.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

If you are looking at the electoral rolls in the records office you can only find them by address as far as I know Amy. However, I'm not sure how it works on disc...I would assume there must be a name index. Maybe you would be best asking for a current electoral roll look up off the latest disc.

Sorry I can't be of more help
    Jeanette
    Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

You could try Googling Sheltered Housing followed by the name of the town. I did this just now and got a list with phone numbers. You could then try ringing round asking if they have your aunt as a tenant. As long as you just want to write to her I would think they would tell you or at least pass a message on to her asking her to send you the address.

Ice

Comment

Amy, PM me the name and I will have a look for you..
        Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

Can you search by address and find out who is living there?
          Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Why not learn British Sign Language: BritishSignLanguage.com; An Online Guide to British Sign Language

Comment

If your aunt is still "with it" she will have taken her telephone no with her. Surname search BT for your area in question. (if you cant spot her, then you will see all your close relatives in that area of course). a search on 192.com will give the last couple of election lists (and other people living at the address). I hope this helps.

Comment

If her last address was a local authority one then you might send a letter c/o them to pass on to her as they would have a record, or you could send a letter to the social services dept and ask them to pass it on.
              Margaret

Comment

Working...
              X