Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to find a connection/Tie in........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to find a connection/Tie in........

with my Madeley family in Shropshire.

My Great great grandfather farmed at Brandwood in Shropshire....story goes that he was a Farmer/Land owner......but I have always doubted this personally. Think he was just a farm worker.

I have since discovered that Madeley's farmed this particular farm for many years after his death in 1866.

In 1911 there appears to be twin brothers and a sister (All Madeley's), occupying/running the farm...........though (due to dates), don't appear to be his direct kin.

Is there any way I can find out the relationship (If any) without the cost of certs etc?

Long shot I know but would love to find out.
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Whereabouts is Brandwood?- found these - R Ainsworth now farmer - wondered if he knew any history
    Dairy Farmers in united-kingdom UK

if that is the place there is a website for Myddle
    Myddle, Shropshire, England - Welcome to Myddle

History of Myddle
    Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Thanks Jean, will look on there.

There were a couple of farms in Brandwood (the district) itself and one of those farms was also known as Brandwood Farm. That's the one gg grandfather worked at/ran?

It was Myddle Shropshire.
      Jen

Comment

Been on the Myddle site Jean.......looks very interesting and may be useful. There are also maps on there showing Brandwood.
        Thanks again Jean.
        Jen

Comment

If all goes to plan, we will be moving to Ellesmere in September. Ellesmere looks quite near to Myddle, I don't know what records their library will hold but I will willing look for you.
          You will probably have to remind me;)
          Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Really Jean, lucky you it looks like lovely country.
            Yes Ellesmere is the registration district for Myddle amongst others Jean, most of my ancestors have been recorded there. As for your offer of help, I will take you up on that Jean when you are all settled in.

I'm particularly interested in trying to find out if my gg grandparents had any other off-spring other than the 5 daughters I have for them. i have always wondered if there may have been a son in there somewhere. So Ellesmere would be the place to look at their records.
            Jen

Comment

Working...
            X