Wrexham Wales 1841 Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrexham Wales 1841 Census

This is pobably a very forlorn hope, but does anyone know of any source for Wrexham 1841 census that has survived? It isn't on Ancestry and I believe it is completely missing. :(

The National Archives state that parts of the 1841 Census for Wrexham has not survived (part missing, including township Abenbury Fechan – rest missing from Bromfield Hundred, Denbs) and there are no know copies of it
    Last edited by daj; 11-06-09, 16:30.
    David.
    Researching: Jamieson/Glasgow, Scotland + New York. Fiddaman/Durham. Russell/Lanarkshire

My Tree

Comment

I suppose that's it then. I can't get anything that says Wrexham on Ancestry. I was wondering if the addresses were done differently.

Just took my own advice and googled - came up with this:

The 1841 census for Wrexham area has been missing since 1841 not having
      ever reached London. However the part which covers the town of Wrexham was
      discovered some 20 years ago in a local second hand shop and was deposited
      at Ruthin Record office where it still is. The information from this census
      was transcribed by Dafyddd Hayes and myself and is published by the Clwyd
      FHS.

I am off to the Clwyd FHS site!
      Last edited by Trina; 11-06-09, 16:40.

Comment

Have just found a site that seems to have the 1841 Wrexham town census online - also looks useful in other ways too!!

Am waiting to be "approved", so can't access it yet.

Minerahistory.com

Comment

Working...
        X