Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help saving images from Ancestry please

Hello, thanks for looking.

I have finally got round to doing some fh for a family friend and have saved several things to my Shoebox. But when I save them, the box says save as jpeg but actually saves as a .x file to notepad, which is then just a load of code.

I just tried saving an image from a google search and that saved as a jpeg and I could see it fine.

Please does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Jen xx
    "I try to take one day at a time but sometimes lots of days attack me at once"

;)

If you are talking about census images, then just right click the image and select 'save as' and type in the filename of the image.
    Under the filename box is another box for file type - what do you have in the drop down menu on that?
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine

That's what I was doing - the filename says image, so I change that. And the file type says Jpeg, so I leave that as it is, then save.

Then it saves as a notepad - x file.

Jen xx

;)

Comment

Just been googling the problem.

Tried opening the notepad file and saving as a jpg - that gave me the icon of a jpeg file but had nothing to show me in Pic & Fax viewer.

Jen xx

;)

Comment

On mine the file name says image.x
          I delete the whole thing and put my own file name.
          Are you leaving the .x
          Elaine

Comment

- or on your saved image right click on the file icon and select OPEN WITH and choose an image handling program.
            Or alternatively, which is what I would do, open your image handling program, and select FILE/OPEN - and find the file you want to open.
            Elaine

Comment

Aha! Thanks Elaine.

Mine had no .x and I wasn't adding an extension, just assuming the filetype - jpeg would sort that for me! I changed image to image1.jpg and I now have a usable jpeg.

Thanks for your help.

Jen xx

;)

Comment

Working...
              X