What became of Tilly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What became of Tilly?

I now have more detail from my father in law about his side of the family. I traced the Jacobs family in the 1911 census and they have one little girl aged 1, that according to the census was born in Scotland, I haven't been able to find a record of her birth or what happened to her. My father in law thinks she probably died when she was very young but I can't find a death let alone her birth. We have been able to sort out her older brothers and sisters (despite being from Russia) and name variants but don't know who Tilly was. We do know that Anne (or Hannah) was born around 1913 and also Aaron (also deceased) came along after the census. MTIA.

There is the following index on Scotlands People.
    Is this the little girl?

Tillie Jacobs b 1909, Gorbals, Glasgow, 644/17 1222

You wont be able to download the image as it is too recent but you will be able to get it in the New Year as 1909 should be available then following the 100 year rule.
    If you can't wait then you would have to contact GROS in Edinburgh.
    Last edited by herky; 10-06-09, 19:43. Reason: Selling
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Could this be her death-

Tillie Jacobs b c 1909 died 1911, second quarter, age at death 2 years.
      District - Leeds
      County - Yorkshire West Riding
      Volume 9b

Page 218.
      Joyce
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thank you so much, that is very definitely our Tilly but a different spelling.

Comment

Oh good, I am glad it is the correct child but sad that she died so young, poor wee thing.
          herky

Comment

Working...
          X