Healthcheck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthcheck?

As some of you may remember, our pooter went in for a 'healthcheck' (splutter!) to P.* World. It came back worse than before it went in. After many phone calls to Head Office and visits to our (not so) local branch, we have finally got the infernal machine going again, where it will now format disks and run back-up. Says she, touching wood!)

Never, ever again will I darken the doors of said company.

Gwyn
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Gwyn--neither will I,went in to one of their stores a couple of years ago to buy a simple part ,but the very rude chappie on the checkout refused my visa card because it was 'foreign'--I live and work in Cyprus for heavens sake-we don't have Barclays here! Name and shame!

Comment

PC World just charged a friend of my DIL £30 to restore her laptop back to day 1.

They told her that she would have to leave it there for a couple of days so that they could do it.

To restore the laptop back to day one, all they had to was restart it and press a couple of keys while it booted, it would take about 5 minutes to complete the job.

I wouldn't by a plug off them let alone anything else.
      Best Wishes
      Ron
      www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

Honestly Ron, what they told me was that they had 'restored' the pooter to what it was before the 'healthcheck' (not in so many words, but I know just enough to understand that.)

After a shout at the local branch, it was sorted, but as I've said and I agree with you, I'd never, ever touch 'em with a barge pole again. We had cover, at about £8 per month, so didn't pay anything, but I could have created a 'restore point' myself, but they mucked it up - they could put it right!

Needless to say, Head Office will be receiving a letter of vitriol from me and the £8 per month will be cancelled. Little wonder that the company came near the top of the list for 'unsatisfactory customer service. I was given such a run-around from their call centre that I am hopping mad.

Gwyn

Comment

ooh dear another satisfied customer then ???????????? I always warn people off PC World you wouldnt believe the trouble I had with them.

Comment

I remember one of your past threads in response to mine Val - they are absolute rubbish. I will qualify that by saying that the 'local' branch did summat after a verbal confrontation, but it shouldn't have come to that.

Never, ever again............

Gwyn

Comment

I dont know how they still exist ?????? If you saw the problems people had at their service counter and the response they get ??

Comment

My son works in IT and refuses to go in PC World. He would rather order stuff for his customers online from a reliable company than get anything from them.
                Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

he is right Wendy ,they are awful the last time we went there an elderly couple who had brought their NEW pc in for a repair were told to go away and come back in a few hours , instead of giving them a replacement which I would have thought was reasonable .
                  They even had a woman there who had bought her husband one of those digital photo frames and she had not realised you could not put anything on it without registering with some company and paying ,even they did not know about it ,as it did not say that on the box,she stood her ground and would not go till they gave her a refund .

Comment

Working...
                  X