Birth certificate query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth certificate query

I have just received the birth certificate for my great aunt’s daughter, she was born on 21st February 1945 and the birth was registered on 12th March. On the certificate her father was the informant, with his address, but also in that box is written “As per declaration dated 10th March 1945”. Could anyone tell me what this means please, as I haven’t come across it before and am curious?

Thanks.
    Jxx

I think I've seen this before.. As I recall, the registration was taking place at a place different from the event - or something like that - so they needed a declaration about teh address.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine. Intriguing as she was born in Savernake Hospital and their address was in Marlborough. Do you know if I could obtain a copy of this declaration from anywhere?

Jxx

Comment

Hallo

My birth was registered "by declaration". It meant that my Dad gave the information needed to the nearest register office, rather than the one where I was born (I was born in a hospital several miles from my parents' home).

The registrar then sent the information to the correct register office so that my birth shows as registered in the hospital's registration district.

There is no separate declaration as far as I am aware. It just means the informant didn't register the event at the right register office.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Oh right thanks for the explanation Nell, I understand now:D

Jxx

Comment

Working...
          X