1911 Welsh Census G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Welsh Census G

Glamorgan is searchable & images downloading.........off to spend more credits::D

Non

Yay! And found who I was looking for straight away!
    Clare

Comment

you may not see me for some time!
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Looks like ALL of Wales is available on the drop down list
        Jay

Comment

When I looked yesterday, it said that all of Wales was still unavailable
          Lynn

Comment

*cartwheels through thread*

Got 'em all.

Now for the twigs.
            Gwynne

Comment

Hmph! :( I thoguht I would try a search just to see if the other records are available & bingo I found the family I was looking for! Then when I went to view the record, it wouldn't let me :( saying there was a problem.

Now it is telling me there record isn't there argh! :(
              Last edited by Lynn The Forest Fan; 09-06-09, 06:27.
              Lynn

Comment

Gwynne's probably broken it, Lynn. ;)
                Elaine

Comment

That's what I was thinking Elaine :D I have just tried again & the record is back.
                  Lynn

Comment

Wow - great news and thanks for info.

Edit - I have had a successful search and found my Welsh relatives, they were from Treorchy, Glamorganshire
                    Last edited by herky; 09-06-09, 16:04.
                    herky
                    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

:( I've just tried a search in Flintshire and it tells me that's not available.

Comment

Boo-hoo, all my welsh lot come from Flintshire. Must learn to practice patience. Moira.

'The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' Bertrand Russel.

Comment

It's been all over the Welsh news today! The local paper have downloaded Charlotte Church's gt gt grandparents and given us all the details, in case we needed to know!
                          Clare

Comment

Yes! Found my Grandma, 2 Great Uncles and Great Grandad in Llanhilleth (sp) near Newport.:D

I found my Great Grandma a few weeks ago, with her parents in Herefordshire. The family emigrated to Canada in 1911 and 1912 so G Grandma must have been saying goodbye to her parents.
                            My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Yay! Found ex's grandparents (I've actually met them!)

Very sad. His grandfather's father was killed a year after the census, run over by a tram in a coalmine. The census says they had 15 children, 12 living, but as surname is Evans I don't suppose I will find out who the dead children were till I get to the burial registers.

His grandmother's parents have 4 living children and 3 dead.

I've managed to clear up a few facts, firmed up birthdates etc.

But I haven't yet found my Mealing lot - whose name once they got to Wales has been recorded as Mailin, Melins, Mallins, Maling etc.
                              ~ with love from Little Nell~
                              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

It's now on the 1911 blog that ALL of Wales is available

1911census.co.uk blog
                                Jay

Comment

Flintshire was available, as that is where hubby's relies lived, but it wasn't immediately obvious.
                                  Lynn

Comment

re 1911 census

Originally posted by Non View Post
                                    Glamorgan is searchable & images downloading.........off to spend more credits::D

Non
                                    I've just had a phone call from my Daughter-in -law after years of trying she's found her Grandmothers birthplace, she's over the moon, she's found a guessed at uncle as well. Ah well my turn next.
                                    Mariner

Comment

Excellent news. I had a quick look and I'll be back on there later today.

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by JayG View Post
                                        It's now on the 1911 blog that ALL of Wales is available

1911census.co.uk blog
                                        Thanks for the update, I'll have a go tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                        X