No announcement yet.

May interest Lincolnshire researchers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May interest Lincolnshire researchers.

I went last week with my daughter and her partner to register the birth of their baby, my first grandson.

I picked up some literature while I was there and the following may be of interest, considering the debate we often have on here about whether we have the right to search the bmd registers ourselves.

...certs are an actual copy of the original and bear original signatures...very occasionally we may have to type a copy if the original register is in very poor condition...certs cost £7 and we aim to provide them within five working days...there is no search fee...we will search two years either side of an event (five years in all)

We are unable to undertake protracted search enquiries...YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO VIEW THE REGISTERS. You may undertake a search of our INDICES by appointment and a fee is applicable.

My daughter whinged that the cert is now produced on the computer. The Registrar pointed out that you can have a hand-written commemorative cert for a fee of £10, although this is not considered a legal document in any way. Registrar said it was a pity the system was working that day as more often than not it isn't, lol, and in that case she has to write out a cert by hand!

OC

Whereabouts in Lincolnshire was this? The North Lincs site now charges £9.50
    Lynn

Comment

Lynn

This was in Lincoln itself.

The booklet I have is called

"Lincolnshire County Council Registration and Celebratory Services" and is dated 04/08.

Oh, just read "this does NOT include North East, or North, Lincolnshire".

Sorry!

OC

Comment

Right, I see. the North Lincs one is a different area.
        Lynn

Comment

Working...
        X