GRO marriage index query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO marriage index query

I would like to order Marriage cert for Thomas Greenhill & Mary Ann Key.

Free BMD has v likely entry Mar 1849, Warwick, Vol 16 P562. For some reason it also appears in the following quarter Jun 1849, Vol 16 P655. Two other names on the page are also duplicated in the same way, Sarah Castle and James Umbers.

Just our of curiosity does anyone know why this would have happened? What is my best bet now? Should I order using the first ref from GRO? I'm a bit confused.

Many Thanks, Helen
    Helen in Glos

Helen

I have several examples of duplicated entries in the indexes - it seems to be because the local RO "forgot" it had already included the entry at the end of one quartr and sent it again in the next quarter.

Example - birth registered December 29th 1899, appears in Dec Q 1899 and again in Mar Q 1900. Same birth, same cert, just INDEXED twice.

OC

Comment

Thanks OC. I really love the way that you always seem to know the answer to the strange anomalies. Thanks for sharing your esperience.

Helen
      Helen in Glos

Comment

Helen

Ah, but I'm not THAT clever because I forgot to say.....the second entry might JUST be a correction of the first entry!

It shouldn't matter which cert you order in that case, as you will only get the amended entry.

OC

Comment

The IGI has a Mary Ann KEY marrying a James TAYLOR 2 Jun 1849 Saint Martin, Birmingham - Batch M010724.

later edit: Had a quick look on FreeBMD - that's obviously a different marriage - B'ham 16-360.

Christine
          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 08-06-09, 22:49.
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X