Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mary wyatt

i'd like some thoughts on mary wyatt.

she was born in 1806, as her age on the census says. she married richard william morton in 1828, lambeth. witnesses weren't recognisable. she died in 1881 in lambeth.

there are never relatives with the family on the census, and i have her on every one. there are 7 possibles for her birth in between 1801-1809 in middlesex. she swore blind she was born in marylebone. but none of the possibles seem to fit!!

her kids were- sarah b.1835, stephen b.1837, twins thomas and joseph b.1840,
    and twins john and mary anne b.1842.

any ideas?

Do you have any siblings for her?
    Margaret

Comment

hi margaret,
      no i don't. i don't know anything about her family.

Comment

Do you have her on all census from 1841 through to 1881? is her age consistant? remembering on the 41 it would have been rounded down to the nearest 5 years.
        It's possible she was born and baptised in another district but only rememberd living in Marylebone. Have you been able to look in the Lambeth area for a baptism?
        Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

she is consistent with her age. i havn't thought of lambeth.

Comment

I always try to bear in mind, that none of my children were actually born at the address where they lived nor any of my family, now because most are born in hospitals, but previously it was usually the mothers / grandmothers house with the aid of a local ubiquitous matron/nurse. Lambeth had one of the largest "lying-in hospitals" in London, so I would be looking to Marylebone for relatives.

Comment

i cant think of any relatives. she is always with her husband, and then he dies, and she lives with her daughter. i like the one in endell st in holborn, because i think her husband may have been born there. but it's 5 years out.

Comment

I would look at Southwark, Wandsworth and Camberwell too, all in that South London area.
                Might be worth looking on the 1841 in the Lambeth area for other Wyatts.
                Margaret

Comment

might'nt help if i can't tie her to a certain family. she only said london once, the other times it was marylebone. the igi isnt hitting up anything reasonable for surrey, but middlesex has quite a few. maybe her baptism hasnt made it?

Comment

Marylebone would be Middlesex wouldn't it?
                    Margaret

Comment

Kyle,
                      Is this her?
                      MARY WYATT - International Genealogical Index
                      Gender: Female Christening: 23 FEB 1806 Saint Mary-St Marylebone Road, Saint Marylebone, London, England
                      Margaret

Comment

i considered that one, and also the one in 1807, daughter of joseph and sarah.
                        but because neither party had a family member witness the wedding, i have no clue. i mainly think the one in 1807 could be her, because her parents names are also her kids names.

Comment

Sounds like a good bet.
                          Margaret

Comment

only problem is i have no way of connecting them. there are lots of mary wyatts, especially marriages in the london area. i cant be sure which ones go with the baps, and which ones are from out of the area!!

Comment

Working...
                            X