Re-sized photos problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-sized photos problem

The last few times that I've resized photos for the PoW project using FastStone Image Viewer the pictures appear in my folder as just narrow lines. They upload onto the Wiki OK so it's not a huge problem but I do sometimes like to have the photo to double check that I'm uploading the right one. As far I know I'm not doing anything different- any bright ideas why this happening and how I can stop it?
    Sue

Sue, a bit like this?

Elaine

Comment

Yes exactly! I see you've not found an answer either (or have you?) I'm glad it's not just me tho'

I've just re read your posts and see that if you click on your double lines you can see the photo - I can't! I wonder if something to do with FastStone? Is it because I haven't donated to whatever it is they flash at me every time I log on?:D
      Last edited by Sue from Southend; 04-06-09, 16:58. Reason: Extra info
      Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Sue from Southend View Post
        I've just re read your posts and see that if you click on your double lines you can see the photo - I can't!
        What I meant that if I double click on the double lines the image opens up in Faststone - so it is still there.

It is very strange because as you can see from my screenshots, it´s not happening to all the images - there are a couple there not affected - and yet it was a bulk resize and everything was treated the same.

..and no I haven´t found an answer but I´m glad it´s not just me having problems! ;)
        Elaine

Comment

The first time it happened to me it only happened on some of Breckland Jane's, now it's doing it to most of them but not as you say to all!
          BTW - I didn't know you could do a bulk resize, no wonder it takes me so long!:o Will investigate with the next lot!:D
          Sue

Comment

Oh Sue - I´ll send you the instructions! :o
            Elaine

Comment

Yes please :D :D :D
              Sue

Comment

I´ve got some typed instructions that I think Katarzyna sent to me -but they are on my other computer -I´ll send them tomorrow.
                Check this link out
                How to Batch Resize Photos with FastStone Image Viewer

I don´t rename them - but save them to a different output folder - you will find that on the second image on that link.
                Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, I'll have a try tomorrow. I'm not very good at just reading instructions - I have to follow them step by step to get it into my old brain!
                  Sue

Comment

Working...
                  X