Help with reading census entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with reading census entry

I got this from my GGF's census search for 1871 and am having difficulty in reading the occupation of his brother Richard.

The reference is RG10/4792

Richard has left the family home by the 1881 census.

One thing I have noticed is that I am trying to trace the birth of the father. You may remember that weeks ago we ascertained that the father who is dead by the next census was in fact a Thomas, as there are no deaths filed for a John Wilson. Could it be that Arthur's father was given the first name of John but used Thomas and thats the reason why I have been unable to find the father's birth? A Thomas Wilson died in June 1874 53 Hull 9d 154.

Can you give the full reference for 1871 Lorraine please Folio and page no.s
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Lorraine

Is it for Richard Wilson?
      Vikki -
      Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

If it's the one I've found, he's a picture frame maker.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

When it comes to the reference, that is all I have. I typed in Arthur Wilson and looked up the 1871 census and this is what I got.

John Wilson (who we think is Thomas) was a picture frame maker but was Richard Wilson one too? As I say, he has married or at least left the family fold by the 1881 census.

Comment

I agree with Wendy, Picture Frame Maker
            Vikki -
            Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Thanks, I have had another look and can see what you mean. Just need to find him on the 1881 census et al.

Comment

Working...
              X