got a big computer problem Trojan spm/lx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a big computer problem Trojan spm/lx

Whilst surfing this morning desktop went black but icons remain. There is a message in red script n the desktop:

WARNING

you;re in danger
    your computer is infected with spyware
    etc...

We cant' do a system restore, cant access email, cant access virus protections. Service provideer suggested uninstal PC guard and re-instal but not able to do so by using uninstal program. They suggest take comp to expert to fix. Can anyone help please. Also we get 'voices' coming out the speakers! Just had a Honda advert.

We keep getting warnings saying we are at risk/ unprotected/infected.

heeeelp!
    Rose

have you got superantispyware installed ?? if not can you install and run it
    if the message is saying spyware is infecting your pc that isnt a Trojan
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
    malwarebytes
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Comment

SmitFraudFix | Tools and Resources
      found this googling

Comment

Have you got the name of what your infected with.
        Best Wishes
        Ron
        www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

hi ron

it's Trojan spm/lx

Val, we have got malwarebytes but it has been disabled by the bug
          Rose

Comment

val, tried the smitfraud thing. The bug won't let it run :(
            Rose

Comment

oh sorry then Im not sure how to help maybe Ron will come back ??? hope so think its something to do with starting your pc in safe mode ??? but not sure how you do that

Comment

not to worry val, thanks for trying
                Rose

Comment

You will be able to run the "smitfraud thing" if you start up in Safe Mode, restart your PC and as it boots up right from the start press and hold in the F8 key, when in safe mode run the "smitfraud thing".
                  Best Wishes
                  Ron

Comment

Thanks Ron, OH managed to start in safe mode when he restarted. It gave the option to system restore and we seen to have sorted it.

doing a malware and virus check NOW!

thanks each
                    Rose

Comment

What anti virus have you got installed. It should not have got past it whatever it is, AVG despite what a lot of people say is not all that safe when it comest to Malaware and Spyware prevention.
                      Best Wishes
                      Ron

Comment

We are with Virgin and have got their PC Guard. Have had it about 5 months.
                        Rose

Comment

It's a load of rubbish, bin it. The fact that you got infected proves that. Despite what some people say about it get a decent product like Norton Internet Security, the older versions used to slow your computer down some but I've been running the latest 2009 edition and it's the best yet, you don't know it's there and running you can get the 2 year edition which will fit onto 3 separate PC's on ebay for less than £15, a bargain to guarantee security of your PC, your virtually bombproof if you us it. I've been using Norton IS on 3 PC's for years and never had problem of any description regarding virus, malaware etc.
                          Best Wishes
                          Ron

Comment

I have now got Kaspersky and find that brilliant

Comment

The funny (not!) thing is Ron, we have used Norton for nine years and renewed in Janaury after which we started getting problems (which I can't remember now..) anyway, we decided to get rid and went to Virgin PG guard but I've never really been happy with it. Despite it costing £3 a month it let that little bu**er in yesterday :(.

Anyway, we are thinking of getting a new comp so may well go back to Norton. I also have Norton here at work and have never had a problem with it yet. And it WARNS you of a potential attack rather than letting a bug get through and then telling you "oops, your pooter's broken"!

Thanks both for your assistance.
                              Rose

Comment

I use AVG and have never had a problem!

I think you have to make sure it's always up to date by having automatic updating set.
                                Margaret

Comment

The problem with AVG and other free anti virus is that they can and do miss some malaware and spyware altogether. It's okay for nothing but it's nowhere near as good as a apid for product like Norton.

You get what you pay for comes to mind :0)))) and for less than £15 a year to guarantee security of your PC aint bad when you see how many people are on various forums saying that they are infected with this or the other.
                                  Best Wishes
                                  Ron

Comment

I had a look on ebay Ron and it says for a 2 year licence, which i assume means they don't want any more money until second anniversary? soundls like a good deal to me.
                                    Rose

Comment

It is I bought it last week, there's a bloke selling the 3 computer 2 year license Norton on ebay, he sends you the downlink and the license number by e-mail, really good deal, just over a tenner for 2 years protection, gotta be right.
                                      Best Wishes
                                      Ron

Comment

Please always think of it:
                                        the virus first comes - then the programme patch .
                                        Not all viruses can be removed without poblems. Regular securing of the hard disks (all logical disk drives) is the only protection from time to time. One then can produce the protected system without virus again. A restoration is but not only the registering data so that the complete system not possible!
                                        For the original question still a remark: All computers, weren can affect large Cray/IBM machines or little pocket pc whether of viruses. The problem can come onto the computer with the next programme patch. Microsoft had to fight with that. But every equipment driver or a new version of a used Programes can have such a small surprise ready. I use Norton and safeguard my computers (desktop and laptop computer (father son system) on external hard disks .
                                        Wolf

Comment

Working...
                                        X