Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you live near or have any connnections to Port Sunlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you live near or have any connnections to Port Sunlight?

My Woods Great Grandfather lived at Port Sunlight when my Grandmother was born. He died in 1933. On his death cert it states he was a Wagon Attendant at the Soap Factory. This the famous Soap Factory set up by Lord Leverhulme.

I found a website about Port Sunlight Village and discovered there is a museum there. I have emailed them asking if they have any records of his employment at the Soap Factory. Their reply was no however they did find his obituary which was in the Port Sunlight News. I have been informed by the lady at the Museum that the obituary was really sad, he wife died about a week after him leaving 7 children. My nan was only 13 at this time. I have no idea who brought her up.

If anyone is in the area or who is able to visit the Museum for me to collect a copy of the obituary and then forward it to me I would be extremely grateful.

If you are able to help me please pm me for further information.

Many Thanks

Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Why not learn British Sign Language: BritishSignLanguage.com; An Online Guide to British Sign Language

only over the water from Port Sunlight....the problem is work...if you could find out if the museum is open of a weekend ??....if so I could take my grandkids and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.....allan;)
    added....obviously if it is open you will have to PM me with all the details and possibly a contact name at the Museum to whom I can pick this obituary up...why can`t they send you a copy ???...allan
    Last edited by garstonite; 03-06-09, 03:43.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Couldn't you simply send a stamped addressed envelope for them to post it to you?
      Margaret

Comment

Can't really help but I visited the port sunlight village and meusum a few years ago and it is beautiful and well worth the visit. (for anyone who would be interested)
        Vikki -
        Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

This has been sorted

Many Thanks for your interest.
          Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Why not learn British Sign Language: BritishSignLanguage.com; An Online Guide to British Sign Language

Comment

Glad you got it sorted.

Teresa

Comment

Working...
            X