Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irish Certs ???not available online ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Certs ???not available online ????

when I ordered a cert from the Irish site before I'm sure I applied online and paid in euros??? but according to the site you have to fill out a form and send it in or have I read it wrong ??
    And I understand they will search either side of the year for a small extra is that right ?

Are you sure it was the Republic of Ireland you ordered from before? Certificates from NI can be ordered online.
    Order Certificates | General Register Office NI

Not sure about the other part of your query though.
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Val

If you are looking to apply for certs for Eire or Southern Ireland then you do need to go through the Roscommon site through:

The General Register Office Ireland :: An tSeirbhís um Chlárú Sibhialta

Once on this site on the left hand side where it says search scroll down to fees and all will be revealed for you. You can either pay by credit card or cheque.

However having gone through the details myself I have only just noticed the following statement:

"Online applications will not be possible until we have an appropriately secure online facility. (We hope to introduce this facility sometime in xxxx)"

I am not too sure what to say now as it looks as though you are correct and that you have to apply by post after completion of a form. I have never applied for an online Irish Certificates as I have done all mine through Dublin GRO.

Maybe you applied before to Northern Ireland which is different?

Janet
      Last edited by Janet; 03-06-09, 14:10.

Comment

oh thanks Sue and Janet so pleased I put that on the general boards now
        I am after certs for Dublin and Cork ?

Comment

I never did apply for my Eire ones because there was no facility to do so online.

No way was I going to send my bank details in the post or fax and the cost of sending a cheque in euros was insane.

Looks as if nothing has moved forward
          ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

it does seem daft doesnt it Rachel ?? I remember now I did send a form thats right cos I gave my details ,why did I think different ???

Comment

I've obtained loads of certificates from Dublin RO and the Roscommon GRO by post. But I only give my Credit Card no., not my Debit Card no. no way!

It's no different than purchasing something from a company over the phone and giving out your credit card no.

However..it will be a great bonus if they can get their act together and we can order on line for Eire certificates!
              teresa

Comment

Working...
              X